Jalsa Salana, Australia
The Annual Convention
History In The Making - Huzur(aba) Arrives In Sydney
11th of April 2006
- On Tuesday the 11th of April 2006, the Worldwide head of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, Hazrat Mirza Masroor Ahmad (aba), Khalifatul Masih V set foot on Australian soil by the Grace of Almighty Allah, 17 years after the previous Khalifa, Hazrat Mirza Tahir Ahmad (ra) had visited Australia in 1989.
- It was a joyous and historical occasion for everyone on this crisp and chilly morning. National Ameer and Missionary In-charge of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Jamaat of Australia, Maulana Mahmood Ahmad, the members of the reception team and a few other members of the Jamaat waited in anticipation inside the VIP lounge in the 'Horrie Miller Room' at the Sydney International Airport.
- Huzur landed in Australia at 5:15am via British Airways, flight no. BA15 after a 7-hour flight from Singapore.
- Huzur entered the 'Horrie Miller Room' at 5:30am, where he met the members of the Jamaat present there.
- He relaxed for about half-an-hour, drank some tea and conversed with Ameer Sahib and various members of the Jamaat in an informal and very friendly manner.
- Huzur and his delegation left the Airport at 6:10am, with an entourage of security cars.
- He arrived at Masjid Bait-Ul-Huda in Sydney at 7:08am and was greeted with open arms and hearts by members of the Australian Jamaat.
- Atfal and Nasirat recited poems and waved flags of Australia and the Jamaat to welcome Huzur and presented Huzur and his wife with bouquets of flowers.
- Huzur entered the mission house, next to the Masjid Baitul-Huda at 7:14am, where he is residing during his stay in Sydney.
- At 5.30pm Huzur(aba) met MP Roger Price and had a detailed exchange of views.
- Later on, Huzur (aba) generously met and blessed a large number of Ahmadi families.
Day 2 - 12th of April 2006
- On the 12th of April 2006, Huzur (aba) spent the second day of his visit to Australia meeting a large number of families from around Australia and overseas.
- Huzur (aba) met 46 families in the morning session during 10:30am and 12:30pm.
- In the evening, Huzur (aba) graciously blessed a meeting to the Jamat members of office bearers of the Solomon Islands who came to attended the Jalsa.
- Huzur (aba) kindly also met another 54 families in the evening session between the hours of 5:00pm and 8:30pm.
- Huzur (aba) also led the five daily prayers during the whole day.