Jalsa Salana, Australia
The Annual Convention
History in the making - Huzur's Visit to Australia 2006
14th of April - Jalsa 2006 Highlights
This historic 22nd Jalsa Salana (Annual Convention) of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community of Australia was inaugurated at 1:25pm on the 14th of April 2006 with the flag hoisting ceremony. The Worldwide Head of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, Hazrat Mirza Masroor Ahmad hoisted the Ahmadiyya Jamaat flag (Lawa-e-Ahmadiyyat), while the National Ameer and Missionary In-Charge; Maulana Mahmood Ahmad hoisted the Australian flag. It was a beautiful sight observing the two flags flying high up in the clear blue sky with the Bait-Ul-Huda Mosque in the background. Huzur (aba) concluded the flag hoisting ceremony by leading silent prayers.
- Huzur (aba) delivered the Friday sermon from the main gents' marquee at 1:30pm.
- Huzur (aba) initially mentioned a brief history of Ahmadiyyat in Australia. He pointed out that Sufi Hassan Moosa Khan was the first Ahmadi in Australia and he lived in this country over 100 years ago.
- His holiness then mentioned the advice that the Promised Messiah (as) gave to Sufi Moosa Khan in a letter to him after he had accepted Ahmadiyyat.
- The 1st advice in that letter was to offer the five daily prayers (namaz) in the right manner.
- Huzur (aba) stressed the importance of ablution by stating that it is vital to cleanse oneself before submitting themselves to God, so that they can remove themselves totally from the evils of the World.
- He also emphasised that to save oneself from Satan and the evils of the society, the five daily prayers are essential, as they in turn increase the level of spirituality in an individual.
- Huzur (aba) also advised us to offer our prayers in congregation whenever possible.
- The 2nd advice in the letter was to ask for forgiveness (istighfaar) as much as possible.
- As God is Ever-Forgiving, true repentance with a pure heart will open the door of blessings from Allah.
- Huzur (aba) also highlighted that 'taqwa' is vital when doing any righteous deed and one should always try to increase their level of 'taqwa.'
- He then mentioned that Sufi Moosa Khan was the first Musi of Australia and probably the first Musi Internationally as well. He entered this institution in March 1906; 3 months after the Promised Messiah (as) had started the Nizam-e-Wasiyyat (Institution of Wasiyyat).
- Hence, it has been over a 100 years since then. Therefore, Huzur (aba) encouraged all members of the Australia Jamaat to join this blessed institution.
- The 3rd and final advice in the letter was to offer dua (prayers) intensely in namaz and tahajjud as well.
- One should pray for oneself, for mankind and for the good of the whole World.
- Prayers should be offered for the spread of Ahmadiyyat and attempts should be made to preach and do tabligh individually as well.
- Huzur (aba) finally prayed that this Jalsa Salana could become a spiritual blessing for everyone attending this historical convention and purify all our souls.
Synopsis of Huzur's Friday Sermon
- Huzur (aba) then led the Friday prayers at 2:20pm.
- The first session of the 22nd Jalsa Salana Australia commenced by the Grace of Almighty Allah at 3:40pm on the 14th of April 2006.
- National Ameer and Missionary In-Charge, Maulana Mahmood Ahmad chaired this opening session.
- The session began with the recitation of the Holy Quran by Mujeeb-Ur-Rehman Sanauri.
- Musa Bin Masran then presented the English translation.
- This was followed by a religious poem delivered beautifully by Zafar Mustafa.
- The first speech of the session was presented by Ramzan Sharif in English. The topic of the speech was 'Our God' (Hasti-e-Baari Ta'ala).
- The speaker mentioned that the basic foundation of any religion is the belief in 'God.'
- He also highlighted an interesting point to prove the existence of God by stating that humans are born weak and die weak, so how can we create ourselves?
- Creation cannot be by chance as there are too many complexities present, hence there has to be a Universal designer and creator behind everything.
- The speaker also recited various Quranic verses and elaborated their meaning to prove the existence of God.
- The Expansion of the Universe is also only mentioned in the Holy Quran; hence the knowledge of the unseen can only be foretold by a Universal super power.
- The speech ended with the prayer that may we realise the true purpose of our creation and grow closer and closer to our one and only God.
- The second speech was by Maulana Abdul Majid Tahir, the Additional Vakilul Tabshir.
- The topic of his speech was Tabligh or preaching and was delivered in Urdu.
- The examples of Tabligh practiced by Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) were highlighted by the speaker.
- A very important point made in the speech was that the language barrier in this country should not hold anyone back in spreading the word of God, but the success of Tabligh depends on 'taqwa.'
- The books of the Promised Messiah (as) should also be referred to and studied for the purpose of preaching.
- The technology available nowadays should be used as well to spread the message of Islam and Ahmadiyyat.
- The speaker concluded his speech by reading an excerpt of the Promised Messiah (as) on how best to carry out one's duty of Tabligh or preaching.
- Dr. Munawar Rana delivered the next speech on the topic of the Characteristics of the Promised Messiah (as) in Urdu.
- He initially highlighted the extreme love of Allah by the Promised Messiah (as).
- This extreme devotion towards God was elucidated with the following example: Once the Promised Messiah (as) had to choose between attending a court case against him and offering prayer at the same time. Due to his devotion to God, he chose the latter. In normal circumstances, the cases were usually decided against the absentees. However, in that case, God helped him in an unexpected way and the case was decided in his favour.
- He then explained the love of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) shown by the Promised Messiah (as) with a number of various examples.
- The speaker ended his speech by also highlighting the Promised Messiah's (as) love for mankind and Islam.
- The final speech of the opening session was presented by Maulana Masood Ahmad Shahid in Urdu as well on the topic of Nizam-e-Wasiyyat.
- The speaker emphasised that the institution of Wasiyyat does not only involve the financial sacrifice, but also consists of spiritual healing and diverting all your desires and intentions towards God.
- It was also reminded to the audience that members of the Jamaat who have not entered this blessed institution should really think about doing so, as 50% of the income earners should have entered this institution by the end of 2008 to mark 100 years of Khilafat, as advised by Huzur (aba).
- Following these knowledge-filled and spiritual speeches, some announcements were made and then Ameer Sahib concluded the opening session by leading silent prayers at 5:30pm.
Huzur's (aba) Meeting with Families
- Huzur (aba) generously met with a further 58 families on this 4th day of his trip to Australia between the hours of 5:25pm and 8:20pm.
Signing off for today, the 14th of April 2006,11:50pm
Tariq & Hassam