The Promised Messiah (AS) has prayed for all participants of the Jalsa - past, present and future - in the following words:
"I pray to God that He be with all those who are coming to attend the Jalsa. May God grant them great rewards, may He show Mercy on them and remove their hardships and sorrows. May He let them have what they desire and raise them on the Day of Resurrection along with those to whom He has shown Mercy and His Grace. 'O God, O You who are the great Granter, the Benevolent and Merciful, the Remover of hardships, do listen to all these my prayers and grant us victory over our opponents with great glaring signs, for You have the power to do whatever You like. Ameen.' " (Ishteharat, Vol.1 p.342 - December 7, 1892)
This is no ordinary gathering. There are many benefits of the Jalsa to the participants.
Members should utilize this opportunity to renew their personal faith and spirituality, meet and establish friendship with other members of the community, welcome new members into the fold of the community and remember those who have passed away in the previous year and pray for them
Jalsa participants should:
- Constantly pray for the success of the Jalsa.
- Register as soon as you come to Jalsa and put on your name badge.
- Cooperate with Khuddam on duty to help you park in appropriate spaces.
- Not visit the dining tent or stalls during formal sessions.
- Not waste food and keep the dining area clean.
- Keep the bathrooms clean and report any non-functional bathrooms ASAP.
- Be courteous to fellow attendees of the Jalsa.
- Show respect to your elders and act in a kind manner to those younger than you.
- Wear Islamic clothing. Men and women should cover their heads.
- Women must observe Purdah and men must observe "Ghaz-e-Basr"(lowering of the eyes).
- Men should not crowd near the women's entrance.
- Families should fix their meeting points beforehand to avoid crowding in these areas.
- Make sure that children as well as teenagers are at their best behavior.
- Mothers should come prepared and bring formula, supplies and diapers etc for their infants.