ETIQUETTE OF ATTENDING JALSA SALANA
The Promised Messiah (AS) has prayed for all participants of all the Jalsa (annual conventions) - past, present and future - in the following words:
"I pray to God that He be with all those who are coming to attend the Jalsa. May God grant them great rewards, may He show Mercy on them and remove their hardships and sorrows. May He let them have what they desire and raise them on the Day of Resurrection along with those to whom He has shown Mercy and His Grace. 'O God, O You who are the great Granter, the Benevolent and Merciful, the Remover of hardships, do listen to all these my prayers and grant us victory over our opponents with great glaring signs, for You have the power to do whatever You like. Ameen."
(Ishteharat, Vol.1 p.342 - December 7, 1892)
This is no ordinary gathering. There are many benefits of the Jalsa to the participants.
Members should utilise this opportunity to renew their personal faith and spirituality, meet and establish friendship with other members of the community, welcome new members into the fold of the community and remember those who have passed away in the previous year and pray for them.
Jalsa participants should:
- Pray for the safe travel of all the members to and from Jalsa
- Try to portray the true and beautiful image of the Jamaat to outsiders, especially our neighbours.
- Cooperate with volunteers on duty to help you park in appropriate spaces.
- Register as soon as you come to Jalsa and put on your name badge.
- Notify the Security about any suspicious persons not wearing a badge.
- Offer Salat in congregation at designated times.
- Observe proper mosque etiquette when in the prayer area.
- Listen quietly during recitation of the Holy Quran.
- Not disturb others by talking among yourselves during the formal sessions.
- Attend Jalsa sessions in marquees at proper times.
- Not visit the dining tent or stalls during formal sessions.
- Not waste food and keep the dining area clean.
- Keep the bathrooms clean and report any non-functional bathrooms ASAP.
- Be courteous to fellow participants of the Jalsa.
- Show respect to your elders and act in a kind manner to those who are younger.
- Not waste time in idle gossip and spend spare time in remembering Allah.
- Wear Islamic clothing. Men and women should cover their heads.
- Women must observe Purdah and men must observe Ghaz-e-Basr (lowering of the eyes).
- Men should not crowd near the women's entrance.
- Families should fix their meeting points beforehand to avoid crowding in these areas.
- Make sure that children as well as teenagers are at their best behaviour.
- Mothers should come prepared and bring formula feeds, supplies and diapers, etc for their infants.
- Pray for the success of the Jalsa.
Afsar Raabta (Co-ordinator) Nasir Kahlon 02 98921127 0419 821127
Afsar Jalsa Salana Mohammad Sarwar Shah 02 96224503 0413 325930
Afsar Jalsa Gah Omar Shahab Khan 02 96596263 0410 422170
Afsar Khidmat-e-Khalq Amzad Habib Khan 02-96282169 0425 333810
Naib Afsar (Mehman Nawazi) Mirza Ramzan Sharif 02 96226852 0402 083735
Naib Afsar (Langar Khana) Masood Ahmad 02 98341383 0411 801420
Naib Afsar (Office Jalsa) Ahmad Umar Khalid 02 96254391 0412 470792
Additional Nazim (Accommodation Houses) Muzaffar Ahmad Mirza 02 96762743 0413 909921
Nazim Transport Mohammad Amjad Uppal 02-46481430 0409 605244
Nazim Accommodation (Mosque) Rana Farooq Ahmad 02 96258582 0416 04 137
Compiled by: Ahmad Umar Khalid
Office Jalsa Salana