Jalsa Salana, Australia
The Annual Convention
History in the making - Huzur's Visit to Australia 2006
Day 3 of Jalsa Salana Australia 2006
- The fourth and last session of the historic 22nd Jalsa Salana Australia commenced at 10am on the 16th of April 2006.
- This session was chaired by Khalid Saifullah Khan, Naib Ameer of the Ahmadiyya Jamaat in Australia.
- It began with the recitation and translation of the Holy Quran by Hafiz Arshad Sohail.
- This was followed by a religious poem delivered beautifully by Jabbar Mohammad.
- Then, Munir Ahmad Javed, Private Secretary of Huzur (aba) presented a speech in Urdu on the topic of 'In the memory of Hazrat Khalifatul Masih IV (ra).
- The speaker detailed various personal experiences with Hazrat Mirza Tahir Ahmad (ra) that were all heartening and inspiring to hear.
- Hazrat Khalifatul Masih IV (ra) was always kind and supportive of the speaker and used to overlook his mistakes.
- The 4th Khalifa (ra) was a very kind-hearted and intelligent person, who was always willing to share his knowledge with others.
- A number of the speaker's experiences with Hazrat Mirza Tahir Ahmad (ra) were very interesting and stimulating, which left the audience with lasting memories of the previous beloved Khalifa of the Ahmadiayya Jamaat.
- The speaker then also highlighted the importance and blessings of Khilafat and reminded everyone to always keep a strong bond with the institution of Khilafat.
- There were some announcements made after this speech and then following a short break, Huzur (aba) arrived in the main gents' marquee at 11:15am.
- This signalled the start of another session within the final session itself.
- It began as always with the recitation of the Holy Quran by Mirza Muzaffar. Then Dr. Omar Shahab Khan presented the Urdu translation.
- Following this, Saqib Mahmood Atif presented a religious poem that left most of the audience with their hairs standing on their backs; such was the beautiful melody and tone of this Nazm.
- Then Mujeeb-Ur-Rehman Sanauri, along with a group of Atfal, presented a Tarana, which was also 'music' to the ears of the audience.
- This was followed by an Awards Distribution Ceremony, where various academic achievements of the members of the Ahmadiyya Jamaat were rewarded with Huzur (aba) presenting medals to all the achievers. There was a set criteria which had been put in place before the Jalsa Salana to select the members who were going to receive these medals and they included students who excelled in their HSC (Year 12 Exams), Bachelor degrees and Master degrees.
- Next was the final part of the session and this was the concluding address by Hazrat Mirza Masroor Ahmad, Khalifatul Masih V (aba).
- Huzur (aba) started his address by reminding the audience the true purpose of any Jalsa, which is to raise the level of 'taqwa' and to try to cleanse oneself from all impurities.
- This Jalsa Salana in Australia is a sign of the truthfulness of the Promised Messah (as) and Ahmadiyyat, as this tradition of Jalsa Salanas has spread to all continents of the World after beginning in a the small town of Qadian in India.
- Huzur (aba) then highlighted the responsibilities of all Ahmadies to fulfil the rights of God as well as the rights of mankind.
- A true believer is the one who fulfils the rights of all human beings along with fulfilling the rights of God. Hence, all the good deeds of a man are in vain, unless he fulfils the rights of mankind.
- It is our right and duty to worship and obey our Creator and to not associate any partners with Him, as this 'shirk' is a grave sin.
- Then Huzur (aba) stressed the importance on every one of the responsibilities towards our parents. We should take care of them and pray that Allah have mercy on them, as they took care of us when we were young.
- Orphans are also worthy of our care as are the needy people, the poor and our neighbours as well.
- One should always look after those less privileged than oneself, as Allah does not love those people who are arrogant and boastful.
- Every Ahmadi should scrutinise themselves to see how they are fulfilling their responsibilities to God and to mankind.
- Huzur (aba) concluded his speech by praying that may we all be able to carry out these responsibilities in the best possible manner so that we may receive the pleasure and blessings of Allah.
- His Holiness also prayed that may all the guests attending this Jalsa receive the blessings of Allah as well and may Allah take them all back to their homes safe and sound.
- Huzur (aba) ended his address by leading silent prayers at 12:55pm.
- At this point in time, emotions were running so high in the audience that they all broke out in raising slogans in favour of Ahmadiyyat, Islam, the current Khalifa and the Promised Messiah (as).
- The attendance for this historic 22nd Jalsa Salana Australia was 1666, which included 96 International guests from all around the World.
- Huzur (aba) led Zuhr and Asr prayers at 2pm, where after Ameer Sahib announced three nikaahs (engagements).
- This was followed by lunch and then after a couple of hours, Huzur (aba) returned for a meeting session.
- At 4pm, Huzur (aba) met with the Indonesian delegation, then he had a short meeting with the AMAA (Ahmadiyya Medical Association of Australia) and then he met with the Victoria Jamaat Aamla as well.
- After these meetings, Huzur (aba) graciously met another 70 families and the meeting session finally ended at 8:40pm.
- The 6th day of Huzur's (aba) trip to Australia came to an end after His Holiness led the Maghrib and Ishaa prayers at 8:45pm, which was followed by dinner.
Signing off, the 17th of April 2006,06.00am
Gents News Team